Thursday, March 12, 2009

Music


Lately Coleman has been expressing interest in music and drawing. He loves to draw with his markers, and will ask to color quite often. He also loves to listen to music and will dance with the speakers while listening. He'll sometimes start singing to himself too, which is so cute. Right before bed he'll ask me to sing a song, and then giggle happily while I sing.

We're trying to prepare Coleman for baby sister's arrival, and explain he'll have to share Momma. He doesn't like to hear that, and lately he's been especially clingy to me and cranky towards anyone who isn't me. This morning we were playing under the covers, which Coleman calls his "tent", and he got annoyed that Jared was under with us and said "Bye, bye Daddy, beep, beep". He wanted it to be just he and I. Maybe he knows and understands that the baby will take up some of my time.

Speaking of baby, I am feeling great lately. No symptoms of labor, and sometimes I forget I'm pregnant, which is a lot to say at 38 weeks pregnant. I am feeling especially creative and social lately. We're hoping and praying she'll come by next week, for various reasons, but I'm also prepared to wait until her due date and beyond.

1 comment:

SKC said...

hey karen and the fulton family!

i just rediscovered this blog and i'm so glad that i did. wow, how BIG coleman is!! dan and i miss you guys and think of you whenever we drive by your old street off of magazine.

praying for you as you await your little girl. cant wait to see pictures!