Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ready for Sister?

Apparently Coleman tells his teacher's at Parents Day Out all about the baby sister in Momma's belly. But when he's home he never talks about her, nor shows interest. We have set up the bassinett and room for when baby arrives, including the bouncy chair. Coleman thought the chair was the best thing ever and isn't keen on sharing with baby.

Coleman likes to help me out with things, such as dishes, sweeping, and walking Sadie. When he's in the jogging stroller he'll hold onto the leash and tell her "No pulling Sadie!". I think he likes to be able to boss someone, just as he feels I boss him. Yesterday, we drove the car to Jared's work and brought Sadie so we could walk home with her, leaving Jared the car. At one point Sadie was standing up in the backseat so Coleman said "Sit your bottom down Sadie." and when she did he said "Thank you!" just like I say to him.

With all of my insomnia I've been reflecting a lot on how blessed I am. The more I get to know myself and Jared the more I see God's hand in bringing us together. Jared's easy-going, forgiving, non-controlling ways have blessed me so much and made me a better woman. I'm truly very lucky.