Friday, September 12, 2008

Pregnant!

I made it to 12 weeks pregnant! That's the little nugget causing me so much misery. That's not an actual picture of our nugget, just one i found on line. My suspicion is its a girl since I've been so much sicker this time than I was with Coleman. I turned a corner this last week and suddenly feel my energy back and very little nausea.

During the worst of my sickness Jared was desperately seeking advice from women he'd meet through his job. One woman suggested drinking a tablespoon of cider vinegar once a day and in three days I'd feel much better. I was desperate so I tried it, not having eaten or drank much for days. I took a tablespoon of cider vinegar and loved it!! It was like a shot of whiskey on a cold winter's day. My body just loved it. By the third day I was feeling much better. I tried another tablespoon of vinegar a week later and it tasted pretty awful and burned so much. Very strange how that was what my body was craving then, but not now.

Coleman has been so clingy to me lately and orders me to come with him all the time. I love it, but I worry about his reaction to the new baby.

Oh, two of my weird food cravings have been celery and cream cheese. It reminds me of visting Aunt Laurel's as a kid and eating it with my cousins there. But I'm loving it now. Also, the Thai coconut soup I can't get enough of. Does anyone have a good recipe for it so we don't go broke?? :)

2 comments:

Gabby said...

Congratulations!!! I MISS YOU Kären!!! Coleman is getting soooo big! Love his dance moves! Say hi to the family :)

Unknown said...

AHHHHH!
congrats, karen!
too bad i can't be there to make the thai soup for you...

miss you.