Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holly Jolly Christmas








































































As you can see we have had a very busy Christmas this year! Our first Christmas was with Dad and Cheryl here at our house. Coleman received more trains and tracks as well as his favorite movie Polar Express. We then drove down to Sue's to celebrate with her a couple days later. Eliza and Naomi bonded while trying to play with the same toy. Poor Coleman had a fever the whole day so was in my lap watching his new Cars movie most of the day. On Christmas day we had our own celebration, and finally tomorrow we will celebrate with my parents who are here for a few days. Four Christmases!! After we opened all our gifts Christmas morning Coleman went and laid down in his bed he was so worn out and it was only 8:30 in the morning, ha, ha!

Eliza is working so hard at crawling, but she prefers to stand at a table and play instead. I think she may get her first tooth before the new year. I'm hoping there are teeth in there. She loves her brother and Daddy. Coleman makes her laugh a lot, especially while she eats. When Jared gets home from work she is all smiles for him. She discovered that she does not like banana. When I feed it to her she'll stick out her tongue so the banana will fall off. She doesn't cry, she just refuses it. She also loves to clap her hands now.

Coleman is enjoying his time off from school not having to rush anywhere. The first day after our busy school week he spent all morning in his pajamas. He spent almost an hour under my chair with a blanket over the chair like a tent, looking at books. I guess everyone needs to unwind, even a 2 year old. He is always asking me to play with him, and at the end of the day sometimes he'll tell me "But, I need more "mommy-time"'. Just like I need more Mommy-guilt. He'll also ask if we can leave Eliza home so he and I can go out together without her, ha, ha.

For the holidays I took him to see the lights at the Zoo one evening. The zoo is decorated with tons of Christmas lights and is open after dark every weekend. It is very magical. We also got to ride the zoo train with Katie and Josiah, a very special treat for Coleman. The next day Coleman and I went to see Polar Express at the IMAX theater. He was so cute to watch because he was so intent on the movie. That's a pretty amazing first movie to see in a theater.

I'm hoping for a new job in the new year. I am hoping I can work part-time and that God will provide Jared with more work. Architects are not finding much work these days. However, we are doing well in spite of it. We both have peace and faith that it will all be fine.

No comments: